[TowerTalk] Linear Loaded Sloper

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Linear Loaded Sloper
From: ATanner283@aol.com (ATanner283)
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 1997 18:16:24 EST
  I am going to put up a linear loaded sloper for 160. I have two questions:
1.does the coax have to be grounded to the tower at the bottom as well as the
top as shown in the handbook, and why???? 2. Is the tuning of the systen done
by lenghtening/shortening of the open wire line at the tower end, and does the
sloper length have be adjusted at the same time.(I guess thats REALLY more
than two). Thanks for all the good info on the 160 ants. I'm going to try this
first. 73 Al W8FAX