[TowerTalk] Website for Antenna Bearing?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Website for Antenna Bearing?
From: K2JAS@worldnet.att.net (Roger L. Elowitz)
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 1998 14:05:45 -0500
Hi Rod and all you "True North challenged" TowerTalkians,

Here is a compenduium of map stuff that should keep you very busy
playing with the computer for the beginning of this New Year.......

Try:
http://www.atinet.org/~steve/cs150/

To find your exact latitude and longitude, start here with your zip code:
        http://www.census.gov/cgi-bin/gazetteer

The program to plot Great Circle maps centered on your QTH can be found:
        http://www.alaska.net/~buchholz - on page #2
or      ftp://n6nd.nosc.mil/hamradio/gcmwin21.zip

The gcwin21.zip is a particular favorite of mine... current version
2.2, written by Roger Hedin, SM3GSJ in Sweeden. Roger was nice enough
to gift everyone with this FREEWARE program... and I find it simply
GREAT! The latest updated version can be found at Roger's website at:

http://hem.passagen.se/sm3gsj/gcm.htm

If you enjoy the program as much as I do... don't forget to send Roger
some e-mail expressing your delight at:
rogerhedin@hotmail.com

It's the least we can do to thank this great gentlemen. (Happy New Year
Roger)

The program to find beam headings is located in:
        ftp://oak.oakland.edu/pub/hamradio/arrl/bbs/programs/beamhead.zip

An online map creator from NA3T and NV3Z is available at:
        http://www.xray.duke.edu:1080/az_html/azproj.shtml

An online map creator from Xerox:
        http://pubweb.parc.xerox.com/map

A freeware propagation program:
        http://www.berkshire.net/~robbins/k1ttt.html

And if you have any interest in finding [TRUE NORTH].... I'll be glad
to help you... off line of course... since the subject is TABOO here ;>}}

Enjoy the research... this is a fun project.

Roger, K2JAS
Morganville, NJ
about 30-mi SW of NYC