[TowerTalk] rivets for c-3

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] rivets for c-3
From: n7mb@primenet.com (Michael Bill)
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 21:26:23 -0700 (MST)
Hi Charlie:

I am the antenna/equipment manager for the VooDoo Contest Group and we have
operated in Africa the past four years and have won each time the
Multi-Multi cat in the CQWW CW test.  We use a LOT of the Force 12 antennas
and have put together and taken apart them several times.

Anyway, Tom, N6BT told us, and we found this to work extremely well, that a
very acceptable way to put these together is to simply slide the elements
together and hand press ONE pop rivet into the element joint.  Then cut off
the excess long shaft that the rivet gun would normally grab hold of and
just wrap a one turn piece of electrical tape around the rivet!  Voila, a
good, temporary connection that will last a few weeks.

Then when you go to tear down the antenna, simply unwrap the tape, put the
rivet out, bag'em and you are ready to go.  A great Dxpedition antenna for sure!

We use the Force 12 antennas such as the C-3, 3 el 10,15,20m,160m verticals,
and the new WARC beam and install all in the above fashion.  Just dont take
a rivet tool with ya!

73 de mike n7mb