[TowerTalk] Quad Mounting

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Quad Mounting
From: kc5qdz@iamerica.net (Landen Stoker)
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 18:05:13 +0000
Well I got such an overwhelming response abt antenna recommendations
that said go with the quad, I have decided I am going to start planning
for the project. I have called many of the manufacturers, and have
gotten mixed answers to the following question so I am posting it here
for some real world advice:-)  If I mount the quad where abt half of the
loop is hanging below the top of  the tower instead of being all the way
up and in the clear. Will this affect the swr & performance?? I can not
put that much of an antenna too far up my mast. Hopefully I can  mount
it right abv the top of the tower. And have some of it below the top.
Thanks AGN !!!
Landen
KC5QDZ@IAMERICA.NET