[TowerTalk] solder jobs up the tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] solder jobs up the tower
From: jfeustle@uoft02.utoledo.edu (jfeustle)
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 08:18:50 -0400
The 110v through the coax looks like a great way to reposition the dummy
load to the top of your tower. Why, for a while it will probably scare the
birds off your beam too. If you raise and lower other antennas via a pulley
system, the same dummy might double as a counterpoise. Has anyone worked
out the takeoff and arrival angles for a cadaver? Can we send a second
person up and work out phased cadavers? Do these work better with elevated
radials? I believe that centuries-long traditions require direct burial.
The research possibilities here are eternal. Man, I've seen and done some
dumb stuff in my life, but this is something else.

With reference to battery powered drills, try the Dewalt with the 18v
battery pack. It's a little pricey, but will drill forever.

73,
Joe, N8JF