[TowerTalk] Antenna Upgrade

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna Upgrade
From: edl@pacbell.net (Elliott Lawrence)
Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 08:30:39 -0700
I am considering upgrading one of my antennas. Right now I have a TH-7
above the top of an HDX-555. About 12 feet above it is a 2 el KLM 40.
Approximately in the middle is a Cushcraft WARC dipole the D3W.

I want to replace the D3W with an A3WS and A103 30 meter kit. I have the
following questions:

1) Is the 15 ft 1/4 inch thick mast I am using still sufficient for the 3
antennas? Live in the LA area and I think the wind zone is unexceptional.

2) At a 6 foot spacing, what would be the effects on the TH-7 if the A3WS
antenna boom is parallel to the boom of the TH-7? Right now the D3W is
parallel to the boom of the TH-7.

3) Using a Hy-Gain Ham IV/T2X type rotator now. Any commemts on the Orion
or Create rotators as a replacement?

Thanks for you words of wisdom!

73
Elliott WA6TLA