[TowerTalk] Offset shunt feeding

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Offset shunt feeding
From: no9z@prairienet.org (Lynn D. Osterbur)
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 18:00:45 -0500 (CDT)

  I would like to shunt feed a newly erected tower  (80 ft. rohn45) for
80 meters.   The tower is bracketed to an out building.  The building
has steel siding and the tower is bracketed at 20 feet up from the ground.
Also have 2 sets of insulated guys on up the tower.

   I was thinking of placing the variable capacitor about 21 feet up the
tower and shunt feeding  from that point.  Should I stay with the
conventional method of putting the capacitor at the base of the tower?
I was hoping to elevate the point of maximum radiation.

  Comments?

Lynn