[TowerTalk] Steve Best on Mismatch loss, transmitters and tuners

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Steve Best on Mismatch loss, transmitters and tuners
From: T93m@aol.com (T93m@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 23:11:34 EDT
Guys,
 Thanks... I saw the light....!!!
It tooks me 20 years to realize next:

1. my MFJ 989 (3Kw) tuner melted because warranty expired!!!???

2. While I was using SB220 with VSWR of 2.5:1 on the TX end  tubes get RED
because room temperature was too high(AC did not work) !!!???

3.I suspected that Bird I was using is broken because out of 100 w sent by TX
and read before my tuner  it reads only 85 after with apx. VSWR  of 2:1???!!!

4.Coax gain figures are not published because antennas will stop selling...!!!

5. I won in couple of contest not because good setup and matched antennas, IT
WAS PURE LUCK!!!

and on the end  I must say that I learned more in couple of months on this
reflector than in 5 years on HAm antenna reflector....so keep up good work...
the more YOU argue about, the  MORE I will laugh..( or I  should say
learn).....

73 de Danny /T93M
ex 4N4CX,YZ4Z,Yu4EXA etc.
Now W1/T93M