[TowerTalk] Feed Line

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Feed Line
From: pmcinnish@worldnet.att.net (Paul McInnish - K4BET)
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 10:23:44 -0400
Okey dokey... getting ready to put up my 72' telescoping self supporter
(again! 3rd. time!) & wonder if anyone has any thoughts about good low
loss feed line - very flexible & how to run it up the tower as I will be
going up & down a lot! (Neighbor satisfaction... when collapsed, can't
see it behind 3 story house & tree line Travel a lot - away from home -
& want it collapsed when I am NOT there!)

My thought is to put it INSIDE the tower for additional lightning
protection & reduced induced surges.
1. So, anyone done this on a telescoping tower?? How??
2. Type of LOW LOSS & flexible co-ax??
3. If run inside, how did you secure it so would not interfere with
extension / collapsing??

Don't forget... those of you in the Hotlanta area, the 'wheel barrow
moving of concrete' party coming up soon! Lemme know if you can help!

Tnx...
Paul - K4BET