[TowerTalk] 160 delta loop problems (cont)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 160 delta loop problems (cont)
From: richard@bewellnet.com (Richard Williams)
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 22:29:09 -0600
Thanks to you who have so rapidly responded!!   I probably should not
have mentioned the balun.  First, it is a W2DU-HF maxi balun;  not what
I originally said.
Second,  I had the problem before the balun was put in.  I tried the
balun to see if that would solve the problem -  it didn't.

With no balun in line I get the same results.  The one thing of interest
that I should have mentioned in the original message is that if I start
with high power the SWR stays at 1.05 to 1 for about 10 to 14 seconds,
it then starts to slowly rise and then as it goes above 1.4 to 1 or so
starts to increase more rapidly and reaches 1.9 to 1 or so.  After
unkeying, it falls off rapidly at first and then slowly.  I.E. If I key
down with in about 5 seconds or so it  starts out at about 1.5 to 1 and
then rises very rapidly.  If I wait about 30 seconds it is down to 1.3
to one or so and after about 3 or so minutes back to normal.

It has me buffloed!   When somebody figures it out I will certainly let
everybody know what I found out

Thanks

Dick K8ZTT