[TowerTalk] U Bolts

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] U Bolts
From: rrehr@epix.net (Roger Rehr)
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 16:12:55 -0400
I am about to put up my stacked yagis for 2m and 70 cm.

On the 2 m side I will have 4 2MXP20 yagis (22 foot booms) stacked at 12
foot intervals.  I will be using the usual plate to attach the 3 inch
diameter riser on which all of this goes to the 3 inch diameter boom.  The U
bolts are to be for 3 inch tubing, of course.

The problem is that my helpers are to arrive this week and the U bolts are
nowhere to be found.

Therefore, 2 questions:

1.  Should I use stainless u bolts or hot dip galvanized or ? for the mast
to riser plate ?

2.  Where can I get them QUICK (as in by Wednesday or Thursday)?  Local
hardware stores don't have anything except junk from Taiwan that says "Not
recommended for overhead use"!!
Thanks in advance.

[Someone had previously mentioned Harbach Electronics on this reflector, but
it wasn't clear to me that his "saddle clamps" would be appropriate for THIS
use].

Comments appreciated.

73 from
Roger Rehr  W3SZ ex-AA3QK ex-WA3JYM