[TowerTalk] N6AW on 30m BIG GUN SIGNAL

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] N6AW on 30m BIG GUN SIGNAL
From: dlhough@vegas.infi.net (dlhough@vegas.infi.net)
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 14:01:44 -0700
> Does anyone here know what  Towers & Antennas comprise
> this station at former W6RR ??
>
> Can  Rhombics be effective with Metal supports?
> I always here about the tall telephone poles supporting Rhombics?

        Absolutely. See some old photos of mine on the K8CX web page of the
antenna farm at RAF Kirknewton. There were bunches of rhombics there.

        One of my first job's as a brand spanking new Army 2LT was to supervise
the dismantling of an antenna site. Salvaged a bunch of insulators, wire
etc. which I use to this day.

        Also run a +antenna +rhombic through a search engine and you'll find a
whole web page dedicated to rhombics.

73
Dave Hough, KC7DM
Las Vegas