[TowerTalk] Antenna Mart Switch

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna Mart Switch
From: grimm@lynchburg.net (Kenneth D. Grimm, K4XL)
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 1999 22:26:31 -0500
Jim Reid wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Anyone have info about an Antenna Mart remote control
> coax switch.  Very faded label here,  but believe it
> reads Model SW-5.  However, appears to be a
> 7 position switch driven by a stepper motor?
> Not sure,  but operates via 115 VAC.  Interested
> in the power rating and insertion loss,  vswr,  if
> anyone has the specs about this "old timer".
> Remote box is a heavy duty,  weather tight
> affair with eight UHF female connectors and one
> military style looking multiple pin connector for
> an eight conductor control cable.
>
> Motor inside the weather tight box drives a huge,
> and hefty appearing ceramic switch!  Appears  to be
> a make before break type,  but again,  not sure.
>
> 73,  Jim,  KH7M

Hello Jim,

Yes, you have one of the oldies, but goodies.  Originally manufactured
by Dick McKercher, W0MLY.  He sold out to Larry Reed and then I sorta
lost track of who was doing what.  However, the latest version is
described at the following URL:  http://www.mgs4u.com/catalog/page1.htm

I can scan a copy of the manual and send it to you by Email if you like.
My manual is for the Model 50, but I believe that it was electrically
the same as the SW-5.

Ken K4XL
grimm@lynchburg.net
BoatAnchor Manual Archive - ftp://bama.sbc.edu