[TowerTalk] aluminum tubing

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] aluminum tubing
From: w8cwd@ibm.net (w8cwd@ibm.net)
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 1999 19:57:58 -0400
I have used alum irrigation tubing for HF antennas and supports. It
comes in 4" and 3" dia. 075 " wall thickness, 40 feet long. It has a
flang on 1 end that can be cut off, a 1/2 hole in the center,  It works
good for 40 meters, and 2 pieces can be spliced together for 80 meters.
It takes 3 people to put up an 80 footer, 1 person can put a 40 footer
with no help. I have 3 of the 3 " 40 footers up and a tower for a
horizontal loop for 80 meters. Been up for 7 years. They are guyed at 20
feet. I have loaded up 2 of them for a 40 meter phased array. No
pictures yet. The best place I've found to get them is from farmers,
just put the word out and some one will find some. 73 Bill W8CWD