[TowerTalk] Yaesu or Rohn Thrust Bearings - Yaesu GS050 is junk

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Yaesu or Rohn Thrust Bearings - Yaesu GS050 is junk
From: k0hb@arrl.org" <k0hb@arrl.org (K0HB - Hans)
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 02:10:00 +0100
On Thursday, July 15, 1999 8:20 PM, Rajiv Dewan, N2RD
[SMTP:n2rd@arrl.net] wrote:

>How do the Yaesu thrust bearings (GS050 or GS065)
>compare with the Rohn TB3  for a 2" OD mast with
>a Rohn 25 flat top section?

I don't know anything about the GS065 or the TB3.

I just got a new Yaesu GS050 in the mail today, ordered
for a real light duty application.  It is a piece of junk,
light pot metal, sloppy tolerances, and only fit a 2-inch
mast after a liberal application of a file (lucky it's
made out of soft pot metal!).  Looks like a candidate to
fill with water and freeze up during the winter.

At $32 retail it sounded like a bargain, but it is
*way* overpriced!

73, Hans, K0HB