[TowerTalk] Temporary Antenna Suggestions

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Temporary Antenna Suggestions
From: ed@privette.com (Ed- W4EP)
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 19:15:16 +0000

I need some suggestions towertalkians. I will be moving to a new location
the end of August and I need to construct a temporary antenna system until
I get my Triex and 4el quad back together. That may take several months.
Maybe even spring time.  I need something that will ideally cover 10-40m
including warc bands. I  have read the material on the web about the
R-7000.  Is this a decent antenna or just a tall dummy load? How about the
Gap line of mutiband antennas?

A bit about my new location. For the first time in 45 years of being a ham
I got my dream spot! (The XYL got all the things she was looking for too!)
This place is within 30'  of being on the peak of a North Carolina
mountain. The view from 60d to 280d is almost unlimited, all the way to GA
and SC. To the north the top of the mountain blocks the view but a tower
any higher than 35' will clear the top. I have 4.5ac to play with antennas
of which about 3ac is cleared. No neighbors within site......nearest one is
about 1000' thru heavy forest.

I am really looking forward to getting on the air from there but want  to
do the antenna system right the first time and therefore need a temporary
antenna . I'm sure to have many other questions as time goes by.

Thanks, Ed-W4EP