[TowerTalk] Using Joint compound

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Using Joint compound
From: w4qa@arrl.net (Rush Johnson)
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 08:47:27 -0400
I am working on my ground system and am in the process of reconnecting
copper straps and 4 guage copper wire to my ground rods, bulkhead, and
45G tower legs.  I have been told that "joint compound" should be used
(above and below ground) to prevent corrosion (and galvanic action?)
from ruining the connections.  I would appreciate any info on what the
best way to use this is (i.e on the outside of the connections, "in" the
connection, etc.)  Also, is one type better than another?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Rush -- W4QA

--
Rush Johnson -- W4QA  (ex NR4M , WD4AEI)

100 Horseman Cove
Matthews, NC  28104-7760

Tel: 704.814.0487