[TowerTalk] C C & Rs

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] C C & Rs
From: wa5asw@juno.com (Jim Wheat)
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 10:27:41 -0600
There has been much talk here lately about  C C & Rs and how restrictive
they are.

I am in the market for a new home site south of Houston.  I find that
most subdivisions have banned us hams.

If you think you can put up a flag pole as a stealth vertical,  you might
re-read the restrictions again very carefully.  I have found that flag
poles are banned in many subdivisions around Houston.   The people in
power want all the houses to look alike.

If flag poles are not banned specificly,  the other clause that they all
have is that all structures must be approved by the ACC before
construction.  A flag pole is a structure.

You can even beat that one using small mobile antennas or hidden wire
antennas  but here is one I ran into the other day that is hard to beat.
 " There shall be no RF producing device on any lot in this subdivision
that   MAY  cause interference to other consumer equipment".   This goes
on to mention cb but does not mention hams but the way it is worded rules
out amateur activity as well.

The HOA denied my request for stealth antennas based on the ban on RF
producing devices.

HOA s have become overly strong and aggressive.  Many of these people are
on a power trip.  I was threatened with legal action if I did not cut
down a tree that had brown leaves on it.   They gave me ten days.   In
this subdivision there is no ban on trees with brown leaves.  I told them
to go ahead and initiate legal action.  When I told them the basis for
the counter suit I would file, they backed down.

BTW I have approval for two towers on the plans submitted to the ACC for
my current home.  I only put one up, because I was anticipating another
move.  This will be a good buy for a ham in the Houston area.

You must take time to read the C C & Rs before you sign anything. I find
that the sales people usually don't know anything about the restrictions.

Jim - W5ASW

wa5asw@juno.com

Conroe, Tx
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!