[TowerTalk] Sommers Antennas

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Sommers Antennas
From: kg4chx@telocity.com (kg4chx@telocity.com)
Date: 4 Mar 2001 11:32:15 -0800
> Does anyone use the Sommers antennas.  Like xp 804 with 40 meters.

> This is a question I see several times a year.   The Sommer (DJ2UT) antenna
> is a version of the VK2AOU multi-band yagi.

I am currently replacing my C31XR with a Sommers 807. I do not have it in the
air and will keep you posted as to how it performs. I plan on doing a
comparison between the 2 beams. Any ideas on how to do this with the changing
of conditions that may happen between changes  would be appreciated.
I will tell you the beam is very well made, and Alf will give you very personal
service and insure you are completely happy.
I have never done a comparison of this magnatude and I need all the ideas I can
get. My first thought is to use ground wave between several of the great DX
stations near my QTH, N4ZC, N4PQX, W4MQG etc.
73 For Now
Tim O'Rourke KG4CHX