[TowerTalk] AL1500 problem

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] AL1500 problem
From: dick@libelle.com (Dick Flanagan)
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 23:52:31 -0800
At 11:54 PM -0500 12/20/01, Jose CT1EEB wrote:

> By the way this was the reply I got directly from Ameritron:
> Unless you have a bad connector, it can only be a problem with the relay.
> Make sure wiring on relay is not tight, and the armature is aligned.  Verify
> the 27pf capacitor across relay. May just be necessary to reposition the
> wiring across relay.

That last sentence got my attention.  "May just be necessary to
reposition the wiring across relay."

When I first put my AL-1200 on the air, I had problems with instability
on 10 meters.  Ameritron told me to make sure that a particular wire
attached to the T/R relay was dressed a particular way.  It wasn't.  I
made some very minor dressing change to match what they told me and, lo
and behold, the instability went away!

This may not be your problem, but at least the AL-1200 is =very= touchy
when it comes to how the wires are dressed around the T/R relay.

Good luck.

73, Dick
--
Dick Flanagan W6OLD CFII Minden, Nevada
Visit http://www.cvrc.net/

AN Wireless Self Supporting Towers are now available!  Windloading tables,
foundation diagrams and charts, along with full details are now at the
AN Wireless Web site:  http://www.ANWireless.com

-----