[TowerTalk] Advice on 2 el 40M Vertical Array

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Advice on 2 el 40M Vertical Array
From: ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca (Mike & Coreen Smith)
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 22:57:50 -0400
Bud,

Having never used a 2 element 40m array I can't speak on that *particular*
antenna.
However I've used hundreds of other types on all bands. 160m-70cm
I have had a 80m 2el broadside/endfire array & also have the same for 6m on
my CAR!

I ended up years ago settling for a full-size delta loop on 40m.  It was a
lot better than anything I've tried previously.
I thought I was really doing well with that until late this summer I
installed a CC D40 rotatable dipole @ 55'.
Man that thing rocks!
(I just worked VP8THU South Sandwich Expedition on 7.024MHz on about the 3rd
call in a massive NA/EU pileup)

If you can swing it, do the verts or a high rotatable dipole.

GL, Mike VE9AA

Michael, Coreen & Corey Smith
(VE9AA,  VE9AAA & Little-VE9 to be)
271 Smith Rd