[Towertalk] OCF Longwire with moveable feed point

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] OCF Longwire with moveable feed point
From: N4CW@aol.com (N4CW@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 08:44:34 EDT
I have enjoyed working with ELNEC and EZNEC and modeled my favorite wire
antenna, a full-wave antenna, fed a quarter-wave from one end. In free space
it's a clover leaf, and above real ground it's got a "double kidney bean"
pattern with nulls off the ends. Interestingly enough, the models show the
same patterns when it's center fed. I haven't modeled that antenna by moving
the feedpoint between center and 1/4 wave, but I suspect that for a given
length of wire, it will radiate the same, regardless where it's fed.
Maybe I'm generalizing a little too quickly, maybe not. Antenna scholars on
this forum will set it straight.
73, Bert N4CW