[Towertalk] Heavy winds...

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Heavy winds...
From: vr2bg@harts.org.hk (VR2BrettGraham)
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 22:41:50 +0000
All this talk about rotor bolts falling out reminds me of the time I happened
to glance up at my KT34 some 20-odd floors above street level & noticed it
was listing seriously to one side.  Two of the bottom bracket (mast mounted
installation) bolts had backed completely out & the remaining two were all
that kept the lot from crashing on to the pavement below - just a few turns
away from coming out completely, too.

Never expected _those_ bolts to be a problem.  Lesson learned was that
one doesn't know what might go wrong, so frequent inspection is warranted.
Might be able to do something to prevent them from backing out again, but
that doesn't deal with the next potential point of failure.

73, BW2/VR2BrettGraham