[Towertalk] Large thimbles

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Large thimbles
From: brewerj@squared.com (brewerj@squared.com)
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 13:19:02 -0400
I dont know if I'm violating the Prime Directive by doing something
that is not specified by the manufacturer...... but.........

It would seem that providing a large thimble for the grip to ride in
in the top of a guyed Rohn 25 tower (grip around leg) would
make for less chafing and sawing action than the grip bearing
on the leg and "Z" wire.

Given that, a large thimble....5/8" or so would be useful to let
the grip ride in.

The question is, who's got thimbles of that size? I can tell you it's not
Home Despot or Lowes ....

Thanks for any clues!
John
wb5oau