[Towertalk] Log Periodics vs Stacked Monobanders

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Log Periodics vs Stacked Monobanders
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 14:46:04 -0600
Good Point !  W6NL (ex W6QHS) noted considerable
interaction when all 3 HyGain 5L Monobanders were
stacked on the same mast.

I expect it would be better to move the 5L10 and 5L15
to a separate 50 or 60 ft tower (15M on top) to reduce
the effects of interaction.

Tom  N4KG

On Tue, 02 Jul 2002 14:10:23 -0400 Mel Martin <ve2dc@rac.ca> writes:
> I notice in Jim's post that he had 4 antennas within 20 ft...
> probably
> at 5' intervals with the 40M antenna at the top. I've used the
> 105/155/205 and would expect that antennas this close would not be
> operating anywhere near there maximum capability.
>
> I've modeled this kind of stack... and have decided my next antenna
> will
> be one of the new interlaced yagis where the interaction has been
> accounted for... a monobander is only a monobander when it's the
> only
> antenna on the tower ;-)

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.