[Towertalk] Ground wire impedance

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Ground wire impedance
From: ewing@alum.mit.edu (Martin Ewing)
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 11:49:48 -0400
My house has stranded lightning cables from the previous owner (run parallel to
CATV wiring - but that's another story).

I reckon that keeping your house from burning down does not require as good a
grounding as keeping your MOSFETs running.   Installing stranded cable must be
lot easier than solid, but maybe there's more to it.

I found some Canadian govt spec that says that stranded cabling is REQUIRED.
See http://www.gov.ns.ca/just/regulations/regs/lr1352.htm. There seem to be a
lot of prescriptions in this business, but not much analytical or experimental
data.

Martin

--
Martin Ewing AA6E ewing@alum.mit.edu