[Towertalk] Crane or Gin Pole?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Crane or Gin Pole?
From: jon.zaimes@dol.net (Jon Zaimes AA1K)
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 08:59:51 -0400
Jeff,

You may wish to consider the type of tower. BX and HBX have no horizontal
cross-members, making them very difficult to climb compared to something
like Rohn 25.

I have one BX tower, only because it came with the house for the TV
antenna, and I put a couple of ham antennas on it before I raised my other
towers. But in the process I tore my achilles tendon climbing the angled
braces, which set back my tower work many months. This is not a fun tower!

73/Jon AA1K