[Towertalk] choices

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] choices
From: k4zzr@bellsouth.net (David)
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 15:13:52 -0400
hi....after reading the reviews on Eham and looking at all the websites for
various wire antenna mfgs, I'm still not sure which one to chose.   I've got
a Butternut HF6V vertical which works ok, but I'd still like to put up a
good wire antenna for 75 and 40 meters, primarily for DX.   The apex would
be about 37' if I hang it from the second section of my tower.   I've got
room for 150' horizontally.   The trees aren't that tall here, so the ends
could be about 20-25' high.

Which would you recommend - a 75/40 trapped inverted vee,  a G5RV, and a
Carolina Windom 80 for DX?   (I have a good transmatch if needed).   Another
option, could someone point me to any info about loading the tower for 75?

Thanks guys!
David, K4ZZR

multipart/alternative
  text/html