[Towertalk] T2X disassembly

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] T2X disassembly
From: FireBrick" <w9ol@billnjudy.com (FireBrick)
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 06:36:52 -0600
Unless your a painting perfectionist. Don't do it.

But from someone who had worked on, fixed, a lot of T2X's, here are some
tips.

First set the rotor to a know direction before disconnection. I use North as
top/dead/center.

Second, when you have the rotor on your bench, use a dremil tool or file to
scratch a small mark on the upper and lower sections so that you know where
the mating is.
Also scratch a small mark on the bottom plate and the bottom outer casing.
Again to facilitate proper alignment.

Third. VERY IMPORTANT, open the T2X on a large lipped tray. This will catch
the myriad of ball bearings that you are likely to free from their retainer.

Forth, look at the orientation of that bearing retainer so that you will
remember which way to reinstall it.

And when reassembling, remember that the little copper spring on the
direction pot must sit in the grooves embossed in the top of the upper
inside rotor case.
So make sure the pot is in the proper direction.

Hope this helps. I've learned all these tricks the hard way...

And when assembling, look at that parts tray to make sure you have
reinstalled everything, like the bearings. I've learned that the hard way
also. :-(((