[TowerTalk] Sharing ground radials

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Sharing ground radials
From: RedHaines@centurytel.net (Red)
Date: Wed Apr 9 22:35:20 2003
Hi, Jim;

Yes, two verticals can share radials.  See "The W2FMI 20-meter Vertical
Beam," Jerry Sevick, in June 72 QST.

For just two verticals, start with one radial between the two,  Add the
rest of the radials and connect them where they cross.  You will get OK
results if each stops where it meets a radial from the other vetical,
instead of continuing after the cross.  Remember, for a given amount of
radial wire, more is better than longer.

NEC based modeling applications can show you the interactions between
antennas.  Easiest to model single band antennas; interactions of the
multiband verticals shouldn't be too different.

I can email copy of the Sevick article if you need.  And can play with
modeling if you don't have that one of those applications.

73 de WO?W