[TowerTalk] Identify Crankup

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Identify Crankup
From: dhearn@ix.netcom.com (Dan)
Date: Mon Apr 28 19:45:56 2003
I am interested in an unidentified crank up tower. Can someone help in
determining the manufacturer?
1. 3 sections, top section about 12 inches/side, lowest section about 17
inches/side, 18 ft long.
2. The top of each section has 3 guy attachment points which look like a chain
link welded to each corner.
3. The cable pulleys are a bit larger than those on my TX472, possibly 4-5
inches diameter and the lift cables are larger than those on the TX472. I
assume this is to handle the downward force due to guying.
4. The section guides are short pieces of angle welded to the interior corners.
5. The tower has a hand winch for lifting.
6, This tower has a strong resemblence to the TX472 and other US Towers. Could
it be an early UST or possibly a Tristao?
7 Does anyone know what it is and , hopefully, its wind load rating?

Thanks, Dan, N5AR