[TowerTalk] Duobander 20/15 Metres

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Duobander 20/15 Metres
From: simon@knaap.co.id (Simon Martin)
Date: Mon Jul 7 02:11:54 2003
Ron, thanks for the advice - it is an interesting topic, of which there
seems to be little information on the web when it comes to short boom
interlace designs. I take your point with regards to the higher frequency
elements being better placed in front of the lower ones to achieve best
performance overall ie as in a forward stagger design.

All the information I have received seems to say that a short boom 3
element 15/20 interlace is difficult to achieve, although I notice that
there are some designs available commercially that utilise open sleeve
feeding that get by with quite short booms, albeit that they appear to
offer 2 element performance.
Because of the space limitations I have, I will stick with the antennas I
have made which are waiting to go up; a 15m 3 element monobander (design
from Mr Cebik's web site) and a home built inductively loaded 20m 3 element
(designs from various sources, cobbled together !).

I am assuming that I should space the two antennas at about half the boom
length of the lowest frequency antenna, this would equate to a six feet
space with the 15m antenna over the 20m. Can somebody tell me if I am wrong
in this assumption ?

Would love to be able to put up a five band 2 element quad , but again I
don't think my landlord would agree with me as to the beauty of such an
installation ! (I guess it's true what they say about beauty being in the
eye of the beholder)

Simon - Indonesia