[TowerTalk] Pull rope twisted in conduit

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Pull rope twisted in conduit
From: K4BEV@aol.com (K4BEV@aol.com)
Date: Fri Aug 1 11:08:02 2003
In a message dated 8/1/03 09:53:47 Central Daylight Time, k1ir@designet.com
writes:

> B. Fish a new pull rope through the conduit? If this is the right answer,
> what's the right way to do it? This sounds like the proper thing to do, if I
>
> can figure out how.

B. gets my vote, Jim.
       You can get a "Fish Tape" from some of the big Home Depot type places,
or an electrical supply house. Ideal makes a decent one which isn't very
expensive.
If you get the type with a hook on the end, tape and lube the end b4 you
stick it into the conduit.... The fish tape can get really stuck otherwise!
Lube ANY wire before pulling. The friction created during a pull can really
abrade the new wire and some old ones too. The damage is, of course, concealed
in the pipe and can be a lot of fun finding. It usually doesn't show up till
water gets involved.

GL es 73,
Don - K4BEV