[TowerTalk] Re: How to file comments

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: How to file comments
From: frenaye@direcway.com (Tom Frenaye)
Date: Fri Aug 8 11:27:08 2003
At 11:01 PM 8/7/2003 +0000, K5UJ wrote:
>I filed a comment during the original period, and am more than willing to file
>a reply comment.  The problem for me which I brought up on the RFI list, is
>that I need pro-BPL comments to reply to.  I need for someone to show me how
>to find these on the ECFS website search page.  If someone could supply me and
>others with a list of entities who filed pro-BPL comments we could search the
>ECFS page using their names, and collect comments to reply to.  As of now,
>unless I missed something, it seems everyone has to go through the comments
>one by one to find these and there are hundreds of them.  That's probably
>what's causing the low reply rate.  That, and a lack of understanding of the
>process and exposure to the latest streaming video.
>it would be great if ARRL could get 3 or 4 of the major industry comments and
>put them up for everyone to see and reply to.  I imagine FCC is pretty strict
>on the various periods in the process.  Right now, they are accepting comments
>on previously filed comments.  If you file a general "I'm against this"
>document without saying specifically whose comment you are replying to it will
>probably get disregarded since the time for general comments to the NOI is
>past.  Please understand I'm not trying to frustrate everyone's good
>intentions--I'm just trying to get on the right page with this.   What I would
>like to do is find the industry comments which state that their field trials
>did not result in any reported RFI (which I understand is what at least some
>of them have said), and file a response refuting that and using the ARRL's
>latest video as evidence.

Ed Hare, W1RFI,  has posted an "unofficial" list of comments that makes it
easier to find the ones from the major players.

<http://www.arrl.org/~ehare/rfi/plc/hyperlinks.html>http://www.arrl.org/~ehare/rfi/plc/hyperlinks.html

                    -- Tom

=====
e-mail: k1ki@arrl.org   ARRL New England Division Director  http://www.arrl.org/
Tom Frenaye, K1KI, P O Box J, West Suffield CT 06093 Phone: 860-668-5444