[TowerTalk] Re: Antenna element vibration damping - How

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Antenna element vibration damping - How
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Sun Aug 10 11:02:06 2003
tony.kaz@verizon.net writes:

> Okay, I'll bite. Who makes antennas that won't vibrate in the wind and have
>  failure of the elements without using a rope?

    Element dampening is needed due to the vibrations set up by low wind
speeds. This is from the elements being basically the same size from end to
end.
Force 12 uses an aggressive taper schedule that starts out big and tapers
quickly, thus eliminating the low wind speed vibrations.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH