[TowerTalk] Rebar cage for tower footing

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rebar cage for tower footing
From: ersmar@comcast.net (EUGENE SMAR)
Date: Sun Aug 10 16:32:36 2003
Bob:

     As others will undoubtedly tell you, don't let the rebar ends sit
directly on dirt.  Moisture will corrode the ends and eventually propagate
up into the concrete, defeating the purpose of the rebar.

     Instead, you can simply put a couple of bricks underneath every other
rebar at the bottom of the hole.  You want at least three inches of concrete
around the ends of the rebar.  Then pour concrete around them.  Just be
careful while pouring that first six inches of concrete or so.  Don't hit
the bricks directly, otherwise the bricks may become dislodged.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F