[TowerTalk] RE: Fw: Use this patch immediately! *NOT!*

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] RE: Fw: Use this patch immediately! *NOT!*
From: "Hsu, Aaron" <aaron.hsu@unistudios.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 16:35:59 -0700
Microsoft made several announcements that they *NEVER* and *WILL NEVER* send
out patches via e-mail.  Their advice is to visit the Microsoft website and
download whatever patches you need directly from them.  It's easy to forge a
return e-mail address and anything sent out via e-mail with a MS e-mail address
is most likely a virus or trojan.

Even when working with Microsoft's Premier Support, they've always directed me
to an FTP site to get a patch/update/workaround.  Never have they sent me
anything via e-mail.

  - Aaron Hsu, NN6O