[TowerTalk] Attention: Rohn foldover tower owners

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Attention: Rohn foldover tower owners
From: <mahlonhaunschild@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 13:49:18 -0400
Hello, list.

Noticed that Atomic Lighting, a stage lighting outfit in Manitowoc, WI, has one
or two Dutton Lainson B2500 winches for sale.  These are the same as the B2503
specified by Rohn for the 25G and 45G foldover towers, except that the inner
drum diameter is 1 5/16".  So you'll have more mechanical advantage if you use
your existing cable (or, alternatively, replace your cable with a longer one to
get the same MA).

http://www.atomiclighting.com/hand_crank_winch.htm

I have no connection with Atomic Lighting; I just stumbled across the web page
yesterday & bought two of the four winches (it never hurts to have a spare)
that they had for use on my 45G foldover tower project.  Beyond that, you are
on your own.

regards,

Mahlon - K4OQ