[TowerTalk] Can I get a Grasswire Working for 80mtrs tru 10 mtrs.

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Can I get a Grasswire Working for 80mtrs tru 10 mtrs.
From: "Bob M." <baysideq@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 23:51:53 +1000
I've just had the local (body corp) bitch about my dipole L shaped 10mtr + 10mtr
it had worked fine for me for RX and I was goiing to turn it into a Horizontal Quad/loop
10x10x10x10mtr. this is all the ground I can use.
I'm in VK land right beside a canal with the ocean about 1/2 mile on the other side

the profile is 45deg up from the canal. I was getting RX strong from JA W and other locations as well as most VK states on both 40 and 80 mtr with the L dipole.

I know that the reception will not be as good but I figure If I create a long single wire mounted on stakes between 6" and 3' high probably at 6" that will become a garden edge. The connection into the rig will be at the high end closet to the house a ground rod.

I'm open to ideas and sugestions.. this is going to be a tempory fix for about six months untill I can
move. If I can get it to work I also hope to tx o it when I get my call using a TS530s.

Thanks Bob M.

Get less junk mail with ninemsn Premium. Click here http://ninemsn.com.au/premium/landing.asp