Re: [TowerTalk] Why did adding a radial make the input Z of myinverted L

To: Towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Why did adding a radial make the input Z of myinverted L go ...
From: K3BU@aol.com
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 08:58:13 EST
In a message dated 3/19/04 5:20:14 AM Eastern Standard Time, jimsmith@shaw.ca
writes:
>>I was planning on making the antenna slightly long and putting a
variable C in series so I could resonate the antenna anywhere in the
band.  Maybe even motorize it.  From what you say, maybe the MkV tuner
will be good enough.<<

That is good way to get more out of loaded (or mobile) antenna. I would
prefer to use the series capacitor at the antenna and you should try it first.
Allows to tune the antenna within the band and gets more current in the
vertical
part of radiator. Tuning it at the rig end complicates things, extra loses,
weird voltages.

73 GL  Yuri, K3BU.us