[TowerTalk] Comment on Scrounging vs Purchase

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Comment on Scrounging vs Purchase
From: WarrenWolff@aol.com
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 13:08:20 EDT
Folks:

There are some of us at the age of 70 who have strung many a  wire between
trees or other even more precarious perches in out earlier  years.

Now comes the time to reward our patience and thrift.   This time around, I
will purchase a nice, new 60 foot tower, rugged  rotator, couple of
OptiBeams, and pay to have it done--even if I incur a bit of a  payment for a
while.  While you youngsters are enjoying the fun I used  to enjoy in
(patchwork) radio, I will be on the lake looking for  lunkers.  You can come
join me for a booze free fishing day, with maybe a  little UHF rig on board.

If you have the years left to scrounge and invest in patchwork  systems, more
power to you.  If I were 50, I would join you.

Regards, Warren; W5KKW