RE: [TowerTalk] New antenna system

To: "'TowerTalk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] New antenna system
From: "Mike Fatchett" <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 10:44:21 -0700
Things change.  I was a big supporter of F12 when they first hit the market.
They were very responsive to questions on the phone and on the reflectors.
Lately it appears that they are not responsive at all.

I was very pleased with my two C3's but wanted something different at my
Montana home.  After reading the articles from Ward and Steve the idea of
adjustable elements really made sense.  SteppIR has been bombarded with
orders and I know the guys there have to be quite busy but they have always
returned my calls if they were not available.  I even asked Mike to come up
with dimensions for a 20m antenna that suited my operating style which he
provided free!  That request was much more involved than either one of us
initially thought but I did get what I needed.

I have the 4 ele SteppIR and could not be happier.  Above the SteppIR is a
Cushcraft XM240 with no noticeable interaction either way.

I don't subscribe to the more is better theory.  Just because F12 offers 400
antennas does not mean they are all good or that F12 is any better of a
company than Fluidmotion.

Rob's question is quite valid and they type of questions that are perfect
for this reflector.  Can F12 tell you exactly how their antennas will work
with all the competitions antennas?  Interaction is unique to each
installation.

Mike
W0MU