[TowerTalk] Foundation for new tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Foundation for new tower
From: "Bob Henderson" <bob@cytanet.com.cy>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 16:45:38 -0000
I am starting to make plans for the erection of a second tower and hope to
benefit from the experience and expertise of towertalkians.

My immediate questions concern the specification for a foundation to support
the tower and likewise for guy anchor points.

I have 10 x 10ft sections of tower which appears similar to Rohn 55G.  These
sections measure 19.5 inches across the face with legs of ~1.3 inches diameter.
 The cross struts are ~0.44 inches diameter.  I have two further tower sections
15.75 inches across the face with 1 inch diameter legs and cross struts of
~0.35 inches.  These connect to the larger tower sections with a jointing
collar.  I propose to use a pier pin arrangement at the base of the tower.

Can someone help out with appropriate specifications for the tower base and the
anchor points?

Thanks

Bob, 5B4AGN, P3F