[TowerTalk] Thanks everyone, and one more question, maaaaaybe

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Thanks everyone, and one more question, maaaaaybe
From: "Larry Schimelpfenig" <k7sv@adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 05:16:20 -0400
N9WX said: I'm sorta debating between the KT-34XA and the 205CA monobander
now, lol.

K7SV says: If it's a used KT-34XA, I would strongly urge you to do the
KT36XA upgrade. In my opinion the weakest link in the KT34 series was the
aluminum straps used to connect the linear loading bars to the capicitor
tubes. The KT36 upgrade went from straps to machines pieces that make it
structurally much more sound and will hold up much better than the straps.

For me the performance on 15 after the upgrade was much improved as well.

73 de Larry K7SV