Re: [TowerTalk] CFA

To: <w4kv@arrl.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] CFA
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 13:41:30 -0500
> If you're interested in Crossed Field Antennas as well as
advanced physics, check out this site:

> http://www.crossedfieldantenna.com/

J.C. Maxwell is spinning in his grave with the nonsense on
that site.

Maxwell's equations simply showed the relationship between
time varying electric and magnetic fields. In other words
when you have a time varying magnetic field, there must
always be a time varying electric field. There isn't
anything in the physics of electromagnetics that says we can
mix induction fields and create the effect we know as
radiation. EM radiation is caused by charge acceleration,
not by mixing of energy storage fields. You can't take a
totally different effect caused by charges just "being
there" in uneven distribution (the electric field) and mix
it with an effect caused by charges moving (magnetic field)
and produce a third very distinct effect we call radiation.
These effects don't even decay at the same rate as we move
away from the source!

Kabbary must have never quite understood his Freshman
Physics courses.

73 Tom