Re: [TowerTalk] CFA

To: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>, "Jer" <rttyman@gmail.com>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] CFA
From: "Kelly Taylor" <ve4xt@mts.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 06:24:52 -0600
As a journalist, I've trained myself to have a pretty good bulls--t
detector.

It goes off the screen reading some of the gobbledygook on the cfa site. And
I'm no expert on antenna theory, I'm just trigging to how most of the
sentences are poorly constructed, or are not sentences at all, and how a
supposed PhD can't seem to string together logic in a logical fashion.

"More serious problems appears when dealing with long wave transmission.
Adding to the fact that the convectional antenna is characterized by its
high voltage associated with high enormous near field, while the CFA has
very little plate voltage, with no extending induction field."

Um, something aproaching English would be nice, no?

Sky Wave Depresssor: it doesn't take a W8JI to figure out that a conical
structure with a maximum diameter that's a fraction of one per cent of
wavelength isn't going to do diddly squat in "steering" a signal.

And the quoted installations remind me of "news" stories in World Weekly
News, where it's always some bumpkin in some out of the way backwater who
has seen a UFO, been abducted by aliens or has a three-headed cat.

73, kelly
ve4xt