[TowerTalk] Cushcraft R8 problem

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cushcraft R8 problem
From: "Mike Fatchett" <mike@mallardcove.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 21:51:56 -0700
The swr curve has suddenly moved to the very low end of the band.  I had a
spider get into one of the traps already which caused it to arc, but the
antenna would not work on many bands.  The SWR seems fine on all the other
bands.  The SWR will dip to 1:1 at the bottom of the band.  The antenna was
set initially for mid band.  I am not sure how the antenna could have grown.

Any ideas?

Mike W0MU