[TowerTalk] best medium sized tribander...

To: <ve4xt@mts.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] best medium sized tribander...
From: "Jim Jarvis" <jimjarvis@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 22:40:27 -0500
It is true that the tuneable steppIR requires time for
band change.  And that has value in a competitive contest
situation.  As a sole antenna, that will requires a tactical
change.

It is true that failure....should there be one actually
reported, rather than speculated....entails a serious
recovery problem, probably beyond that of pure Al.

OTH...I've worked with TWO c4xs's now, and NEITHER of them
would tune on 40m.   So what's with that?   The first one was
a first for me, and I figured it was an anomaly, but I didn't
have time to mess with it beyond 2 hours prior to contest.

...the second one?  Nobody is that dumb, not even me.
So...rivets aside, who would defend Force 12.375?
I'd love for them to be a cost-effective solution.

Bencher is better, imho...but it doesn't get you a shortened
40m dipole.

N2EA