Re: [TowerTalk] 80 m rotatable dipole

To: "Clay Curtiss W7CE" <w7ce@curtiss.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 80 m rotatable dipole
From: "Rick Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 20:07:58 -0800 (PST)
What the models don't tell you is that noise tends to be vertically
polarized and thus the dipole will generally receive better
than the vertical, no matter what the models say.  OTOH, I
haven't seen much difference in receiving ability versus
dipole height.  So I wouldn't rule out the dipole merely
because the height will be only 80 feet.

Rick N6RK