Re: [TowerTalk] Tower bases and concrete.

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower bases and concrete.
From: Alan NV8A <nv8a@att.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 07:02:45 -0500
Follow the tower manufacturer's recommendations, which usually specify
the strength of the concrete to be used (e.g., 4000lbs) and the required
configuration of reinforcing steel.

In the absence of the manufacturer's recommendations, you should really
consult an engineer.

By layman's guess is that using rocks and old concrete slabs would make
it difficult to avoid air pockets -- and you can't be sure of their
strength.

73

Alan NV8A